Best Websites for Creative Articles

1. Medium (medium.com)

Medium hosts a vast collection of articles on various creative topics written by professionals and enthusiasts alike. Follow categories like Design, Art, Writing, and Photography to get curated content that matches your interests.

2. CreativeBloq (https://www.creativebloq.com/)

For design students, CreativeBloq is a treasure trove. It covers graphic design, web design, 3D art, and more. You’ll find tutorials, inspiration, and the latest industry news.

3. Artsy (https://www.artsy.net/)

Artsy provides articles on contemporary art, including artist profiles, exhibition reviews, and market insights. It’s perfect for anyone interested in the art world.

4. The Creative Independent (thecreativeindependent.com)

This site features interviews and essays by artists, musicians, writers, and other creatives. It offers a deep dive into the creative process and personal stories that can inspire your own work.

5. AIGA Eye on Design (eyeondesign.aiga.org)

AIGA Eye on Design covers a wide range of topics related to graphic design and visual culture. It’s a great resource for staying updated on design trends and discovering new artists.

6. Pitchfork (pitchfork.com)

Music students and enthusiasts will love Pitchfork. It provides in-depth reviews, features, and interviews focused on indie and alternative music scenes.

7. Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.com)

Perfect for web designers and developers, Smashing Magazine offers articles on web design, UX, coding, and more. It’s packed with practical advice and industry insights.

8. The Verge: Creators (Creators - The Verge)

The Creators section of The Verge covers a mix of technology, art, and culture. It’s great for those interested in the intersection of creativity and technology.

9. Juxtapoz (juxtapoz.com)

Juxtapoz is an arts and culture magazine that covers a broad spectrum of contemporary art, street art, and illustration. It’s a great source for discovering new and unconventional artists.

10. Creative Review (https://www.creativereview.co.uk/)

This site offers articles on advertising, design, and visual culture. It’s an excellent resource for keeping up with the latest trends and getting inspired by top-notch creative work.

3 Likes

Artsy is an amazing website, and is definitely my personal favourite! Which one of these do you enjoy browsing the most? :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been diving into these creative resources, and I’m curious—do you think focusing on a specific niche, like contemporary art on Artsy or indie music on Pitchfork, can actually help you stand out more in your field, or is it better to keep a broad approach and explore multiple interests?

1 Like

It’s a fantastic site for sure. Personally, I enjoy browsing Saatchi Art a lot—it’s got an incredible variety of pieces.

That’s a great question! Focusing on a specific niche can definitely help you stand out because you become an expert in that area. But keeping a broad approach lets you bring in fresh perspectives from different fields. It really depends on your goals and what you enjoy more. Mixing both can sometimes be the sweet spot!

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like