Is it worth to join a university society?

Joining a society at university is an amazing way to enhance your university experience! It allows you to meet new people who share similar interests and passions. You can explore new hobbies, develop valuable skills, and create lifelong memories. Plus, being part of a society can provide opportunities for personal growth, leadership roles, and networking. So go ahead and dive into the vibrant world of university societies! :tada:

Some examples are: sports clubs, academic societies, cultural or language clubs, music or drama groups, volunteer organizations, and more.

Which society have you joined, what have you learned and why do you or do you not encourage people to join one?

2 Likes

I found that joining societies was my outlet. It was my time to let loose and forget about the stress of uni.

3 Likes

100% they are the best part of uni especially trying new things, new sports, new interests, new friends what isnt there to love

3 Likes

A super-good way of getting outside the group of people you see on a daily basis and making new friends and contacts.

Highly recommend!

2 Likes

I havent started uni yet and I have already joined two different societies. Thats how easy everything is online lol

3 Likes

Definitely! Joining a university society is totally worth it. It’s a great way to meet new people, have fun, and broaden your horizons. Plus, you’ll make memories that last a lifetime! :grin:

1 Like