New OpenAI product release

In the latest Open AI product release the new “Assistant” function makes it a matter of minutes to create your own GenAI powered chatbot! (Don’t already have an OpenAI account? Get one - it’s free!)

The Assistants API allows you to build AI assistants within your own applications. An Assistant has instructions and can leverage models, tools, and knowledge to respond to user queries. The Assistants API currently supports three types of tools: Code Interpreter, Retrieval, and Function calling. In the future, they plan to release more OpenAI-built tools, and allow users to provide their own tools on the OpenAI platform.

You can explore the capabilities of the Assistants API using OpenAI’s Assistants Playground, and there’s a step-by-step guide to building an integration outlined in the guide linked to in the comments.

Image by Art-x A.I artxai from Pixabay

6 Likes
4 Likes

It is fascinating to see how useful AI gets nowadays! About a few months ago, I’d be confident in saying that having an actually useful AI is far away in the future. Not gonna lie, as much as it is amazing, it is a bit scary too :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

This is greatly interesting. Given the massive rise of new and diverse AI tools being released lately, some tools as you mention, let people develop their own personalised chatbots. Seeing the market flooded with various AI tools also lets people build and grow their businesses, or start on their business ideas. This can also highlight and expand on the relation between technology and business, and I’d say even the economy at an even larger scale.

1 Like

wow i did a post not long ago on open ai’s api! and they already have a new launch on its assistance!! tech advancement speed is insane in ai world

1 Like