Not all cryptocurrencies use the blockchain

When you think of crypto currencies, you think of the blockchain, and vice versa. However, not all crypto currencies use the blockchain as their underlying technology. These typically uses directed acyclic graphs, which boast several advantages such as being cheaper to use and faster transaction speeds. Here are some examples:

• IOTA - intended for IoT, it uses directed acyclic graph, which allows for new blocks to be attached at any point of an interconnected graph, rather than just in linear fashion as is done on the blockchain

• Nano - a green alternative, this crypto currency uses both block lattice technology and directed acyclic graph

• Hedera Hashgraph - another crypto currency which also uses directed acyclic graph

2 Likes

Gives me hope that one day i’ll understand crypto currencies fully with this kind of posts :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

While I have issues with the environmental impact of crypto, how it works is also very interesting to me! I’ll be honest I don’t fully understand it myself but I can continue making more posts on it

1 Like

Interesting insights into cryptocurrencies! It’s fascinating to learn about alternatives to blockchain like directed acyclic graphs. Do you have a favourite among these technologies, or do you see each having its unique advantages in specific applications?

2 Likes

While I don’t know that much about crypto currencies, I’d be more inclined to agree that both directed acyclic graphs and the blockchain have their own advantages, as they handle the inner workings of crypto in different ways

2 Likes