Alternatives to caffeine to keep your energy up

As exams approach, so do the long days of studying.

It might be tempting to rely on a warm cup of coffee to power you through the day, but this can often come with pesky side effects such as anxiety, jitters and headaches.

This article suggests some other options to caffeinated drinks to keep you alert with the bonus of recipes too!
https://fitonapp.com/wellness/caffeine-alternatives/

To summarise:

1. Try golden milk: anti-inflammatory and can be used to make a delicious turmeric latte
  2. Bathe in natural light: increase that Vitamin D and serotonin
  3. Take a cold shower: perfect for waking up your muscles
  4. Energise with peppermint tea: research suggests it can alleviate fatigue
  5. Opt for chai tea: less caffeine and a simple vanilla chai latte can be made at home with less sugar
  6. Blend a smoothie: add in your favourite fruits, the article explains other beneficial things to add
  7. Try herbal coffee: has the flavour of coffee but none of the caffeine
  8. Good old water: replenish your bodily fluids, add some lemon juice for extra flavour
  9. Decaf if necessary: quitting caffeine suddenly can lead to withdrawal, decaf can help wean yourself off
  10. Exercise: get the heart pumping and make way for the release of endorphins, incorporating music can help you feel good too

Hope these suggestions help. Add some of your energy boosting ideas too!

7 Likes

This is so helpful! Many of my friends don’t enjoy the taste of coffee so I can send them here

2 Likes

Great suggestions! Would definitely consider stopping my caffeine addiciton, and these can be a great substitution😁

love golden milk, great for skin too!

2 Likes

Im taking notes on these!!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I drink a fair few energy drinks particularly when I have a long or full on day, I will definitely try a few of these alternatives :smile:

2 Likes