đź’µ Unlock Student Discounts Today

As you settle into university life, one perk you don’t want to miss out on is the incredible array of student discounts available to you. From everyday essentials to luxury treats, here’s how you can start saving:

1. Student Discount Platforms

• UNiDAYS: Sign up with your university email to access discounts on fashion, tech, food, and more. It’s a free and easy way to save on a variety of brands.

• Student Beans: Register for free to unlock savings on brands like ASOS, Apple, and Adidas. This platform offers a wide range of discounts, making it perfect for any student.

• TOTUM (formerly NUS Extra): Purchase a card for exclusive deals on travel, entertainment, and dining. It’s a small investment that pays off with significant savings throughout the year.

• Save the Student: Offers advice on saving money and special student deals across various categories. It’s a great resource for financial tips and finding the best discounts.

2. Travel and Financial Benefits

• 16-25 Railcard: Enjoy discounted train fares across the UK for just ÂŁ30 a year. It’s a must-have for any student who travels by train, offering substantial savings on every journey.

• 18+ Student Oyster Card: Get discounted travel on London’s extensive public transport network, making it more affordable to get around the city.

• Bank Offers: Some banks offer cash incentives or freebies when you open a student account. Check out what’s available to get the best deal and some extra cash or perks.

3. Making the Most of Your Student Status

• Amazon Student Membership: Get six months of free Amazon Prime with discounts on books, electronics, and streaming services. This membership is invaluable for fast deliveries and exclusive student offers.

• Spotify Premium: Enjoy music without ads at a discounted student rate. It’s a great way to keep your playlist fresh without breaking the bank.

4. Free Software and Subscriptions

• Microsoft Office: Many universities provide free access to Office 365, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Make sure to take advantage of this for all your academic needs.

• Financial Times and The Economist: Access to valuable news and analysis for your studies and beyond. These subscriptions can enrich your understanding of global events and economics, often for free through your university.

5. Restaurant Discounts

Dominos, KFC, Greggs, GDK, and more: Many popular restaurants offer significant discounts to students, making dining out more affordable. Keep an eye out for deals and promotions through your student discount platforms.

6. Online Food Delivery Company Discounts

Uber Eats, Deliveroo, Just Eat: Enjoy discounts on your favourite meals delivered to your door. Many of these companies offer special deals for students, so you can treat yourself without splurging.

7. Cinema and Concert Discounts

Enjoy your downtime with discounts on cinema tickets and concert entries. Many cinemas and event venues offer special rates for students, allowing you to experience the latest films and live performances without the hefty price tag.

8. University Gym Membership

Stay fit and healthy with discounted or free membership to your uni gym. It’s a great way to access fitness facilities and classes, helping you maintain your well-being throughout your studies.

How to Get Started

• Sign Up: Visit each platform’s website or download their app to register with your student email.
  • Verify Your Status: Some discounts may require verification through your university’s portal or by using your student ID.
  • Stay Updated: Follow these platforms on social media or sign up for newsletters to stay informed about new discounts.

Conclusion

Have you found any amazing student deals? Share them with your fellow freshers below. Let’s help each other save money and make the most of your student status!

Reply below to share your favourite student discounts or ask questions about saving money as a student.

Which student discount platform do you find most useful?

Have you discovered any hidden gems for student savings?

10 Likes

That sums it up greatly! One of the best parts of being a student :innocent:

3 Likes

Thank you! That is very true imo, Student Discounts are a major perk in uni. I should make more use of the Student Discount Platforms tbh :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I absolutely love UNiDAYS!! It has saved me so much money, honestly. I wish i knew about it in my first year, but no, i found out about it only in the middle of my second year haha

2 Likes

UNiDAYS and Student Beans are lifesavers when it comes to student savings. It’s amazing how much you can save once you start using it. Don’t worry about finding out later; you still have plenty of time to take full advantage of the discounts available!

1 Like

UNiDAYS and Student Beans are my go-tos for saving on clothing and tech. Plus, the 16-25 Railcard is a lifesaver for cheap travel

1 Like

uni day saved my life

1 Like

This list of student discounts is such a lifesaver! :money_with_wings: I’ve been using UNiDAYS a lot lately for fashion and tech deals. I also love how Amazon Prime Student gives you six months free—such a game-changer for last-minute book orders and streaming!

I’m really curious, though—do you have any tips for finding discounts on things like study supplies or tech gear that aren’t usually covered by these platforms? Also, has anyone tried the TOTUM card? Is it worth the investment for the travel and dining deals? :star2:

1 Like

I’m glad you found the list useful! For study supplies and tech gear, I’d recommend checking out discount sections on Amazon, WHSmith and major electronics retailers like Currys and Argos, which may have student deals. Also, keep an eye on seasonal sales like Black Friday and back-to-school/uni promotions. As for the TOTUM card, I haven’t tried it myself or heard much about it but the discounts on railcards and the variety of restaurant offers sound intriguing and seem like they could easily make up for the cost of the card :grin:

1 Like

Can I be a student, please? :rofl:

1 Like