Babies need peanut butter

UK researchers propose that introducing peanut products to babies between four to six months could cut peanut allergy rates by 77%. The prevalence of peanut allergies has tripled in recent decades, affecting one in 50 UK children. The study led by Professors Graham Roberts and Gideon Lack suggests a crucial “window of opportunity” for introduction. It recommends safe forms like smooth peanut butter and breastfeeding for at least six months. The research indicates a 77% reduction if peanuts are introduced by six months, emphasising the effectiveness of early interventions.

What’s your take on this potential game-changer for reducing allergies in the future?

https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/whats-new/news/peanut-allergies-could-dramatically-fall-if-babies-weaned-early-on-peanut-products

8 Likes

That’s promising news!

Interesting!

Not gonna lie, always thought that peanut allergies are more common in the UK than in Latvia. But an interesting way to fix the issue for sure😊

This is so great! I think it’s one of the worst allergies, it’s great that it can be avoided

I think I’ve had lots of peanut butter because it is one of my favorite things. :smile:

Peanut butter is highly dense in calories, is this taken into account, do you have to lower their caloric intake to facilitate this? Or are we talking a spoonful a week?