Eating more kiwi fruit could boost your mental health in just a few days

Diet plays a significant role in both physical and mental health, impacting overall well-being. While researchers continue to investigate the relationship between diet and mental health, recent studies suggest that certain foods, like kiwi fruit, can influence mood positively, particularly among individuals with low vitamin C levels.

A study compared the effects of kiwi fruit and vitamin C supplements on mood among adults with low plasma vitamin C levels. Results indicated that consuming kiwifruit led to mood improvement within four days, with vitality and mood slightly stronger compared to those taking vitamin C supplements. Kiwifruit offers various health benefits due to its fibre, potassium, vitamin E, and high levels of vitamin C, essential for immune function and wound healing.

Findings highlighted the rapid mood enhancement associated with kiwifruit consumption, peaking around days 14 to 16, compared to vitamin C supplements, which showed mood improvements until around day 12.

This research underscores the potential mental health benefits of incorporating whole foods rich in essential nutrients like vitamin C into oneโ€™s diet.

3 Likes

wow i didnt know the mental health benefits of nutrient-rich whole foods.

2 Likes

i love kiwi so i will be trying to have more of it !

1 Like