Lessons in Self-Control – Ronaldo’s concentration before the last-minute

If you are a football fan (or, to be fairly honest, a person who uses the internet at least once a year) you must have heard of Cristiano Ronaldo. He is undoubtedly, one of the best players that have touched the football pitch (in my opinion the best but I don’t wanna start any fights lmao) and it is not easy to find success in the most popular sport in the world. One thing which fans often noticed was that before taking a free-kick or penalty, he takes a deep breath. Why is that? The answer is simple: he is using a breathing technique in order to release some of the immense pressure and stress that one feels in such moments in order to fully focus on one aim: getting the ball inside the net. And we all know how good Cristiano is at scoring free-kick and penalties! The article below talks in detail about how Cristiano is able to release stress in these moments. I thought this might be helpful for students during exams/stressful times as well! I personally use this technique from time to time and it does wonders!

4 Likes

Oh, Cristiano Ronaldo’s free-kick and penalty techniques are legendary! I’ve noticed that deep breath he takes before every kick, and it’s always intrigued me. do you think this technique could work in other high-pressure situations, like during exams or presentations? It sounds like it could be really helpful in staying calm and focused when you’re feeling stressed. Have you ever tried using it outside of football-related moments?

3 Likes

Totally agree! Cristiano Ronaldo’s technique is amazing. It’s cool to see how he stays so calm under pressure. I’ll definitely give that breathing trick a try next time I’m feeling stressed. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

I am actually using this all the time whenever I fell stressed. I can guarantee it works in any situation. Just make sure people are not watching (it may seem weird)

3 Likes

Great lessons for sure! Do you think other athletes or public figures could benefit from adopting similar stress-management techniques like deep breathing, especially in high-pressure situations?

3 Likes

I think most athletes do this one way or another - Ronaldo’s style is just more noticeable and iconic tbh. Public figures should surely start utilising breathing techniques more often tho

3 Likes

Agree! I feel like we all should take some time during the day to relax and have a breather. Honestly, helps massively to stay calm and avoid stress

3 Likes

Indeed!

3 Likes