Suspend/leave studies due to mental health?

In today’s fast-paced and demanding academic environment, the pursuit of education is often accompanied by various challenges that can take a toll on a student’s mental well-being. Students face an array of pressures, from academic expectations to personal responsibilities, which can exacerbate existing mental health issues or even give rise to new ones. In such cases, the option of suspending or taking a leave from studies due to mental health concerns is a valuable consideration that merits discussion.

Any comments? How do you deal with anxiety?

1 Like

That’s a good one @amberinsyed . As a student I think is important to decompress by practicing deep breathing, yoga or other physical activity. Also trying to organise and plan your weeks ahead can avoid extreme anxiety when you reach submissions period. There are also other tools such as apps (eg: Calm app for relaxation). Is always good to try to establish a balance between work and personal life so your mental health does not struggle.

4 Likes

Totally Filipa, I agree with you! Puppy yoga is something I have been wanting to try for so long. :heart_eyes:

@FilipaVieira @amberinsyed Something that is also very important is quality sleep :blush:
I need my quality 7hours to be ready for lectures :grinning:

2 Likes

Completely agree @ShivankK !!

2 Likes

Have you guys hear of cat cafes, its definitely worth trying.

2 Likes

Cats are a great way of de-stressing! I have two cats at home, and they always make me feel better when they come for head bumps and tummy rubs! They are always so chilled-out, it’s impossible to feel stressed when you interact with them.

3 Likes

Honestly I talk with my friends about it because we are on the same boat, and feel like I am not alone. Good company is important imo

3 Likes

There are usually mental health workers and services provided by the university, please keep that in mind if you ever feel you need someone to just talk to.

We live such fast-paced, busy lives that we tend not to realise the first signs of anxiety and depression until they take over our lives. I think it’s very important to check on ourselves every once in a while and address our emotions frequently…