Summer is over

Anyone else feel like university, college, school is starting too soon? I feel like I haven’t enjoyed summer as much as I wanted to, and now I am stressing out because in two weeks it’s all back to hectic chaos and routine (especially waking up early). I enjoyed waking up at noon to do nothing :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Agreed, I’ve been doing a bunch of bits and bobs on my to do list and along with working I feel like this August flew by. Although I love being busy, having a lot of free time causes me to procrastinate so I don’t mind it too much. I set goals and deadlines to ensure I am not lazy, plus working a 9-5 has kind of fixed my sleeping schedule so making progress on that too. One huge advice for your first year of university.: pleaseeeeeee, treat it like a 9-5 job, they say a top student studies a total of around 40 hours a week so start with 30 and slowly increase to 40 and that also leaves 2 days free (if you want to work or just chill).

2 Likes

It’s a funny time of year, late-August.

The evenings are no longer as light as they were (obviously), and as the month draws to a close our attention turns to the coming months, which we know will be busy. And, as you say, we think about waking up earlier.

But there’s also a positive sense of anticipation. For anyone in education (and this includes teachers and lecturers too) there’s a sense of a new start and looking forward to what we’re going to do, to new achievements, and meeting new people.

And for me, that’s always been something I’ve loved.

Embrace the positive!

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

2 Likes